Tonight I went to pray for my grand daughter in the hospital and memories came back to me of the time I was hit by a car. I know I was only 6 and so my memory my not be the same as everyone else who was there at the time, but this is what I remember.
First a little background:
My dad was an associate pastor of the
Philadelphia Evangelistic Center, who's pastor was
Dr. Thea Jones.
|Philadelphia Evangelistic Center|
One day as I was playing on a side street my little dog named Bear ran into the road and it was said that I ran after him (I never saw that dog again because my grandmother gave him to the milkman. I don't remember the accident). It was said the man came down the street the wrong way on one way street and I did not see him and he did not see me and so he ran me over with his car.
The man who hit me found my mother and she jumped in the car, and with me laying on her lap they rushed me to the Philadelphia Children Hospital. I was examined and they found that I had an injured shoulder, crushed knee and a six inch fracture of the skull. The doctor told my parents that I had pressure on the brain and thy needed to drill a hole in my head to release it. They also said my knee would heal but the bones would fuse together and I would never be able to bend it again.
What I remember:
- I remember waking up and my mother was feeding me Jell-o. I am fond of Jello to this day and can not eat it without remembering my mother feeding me Jell-o on that day.
- I remember being cold and to this day I hate the cold.
- I remember being in a ward with a lot of other sick children.
- I remember waking up with a cast on my leg and wondering what happened.
- I remember the Evangelist Gene Ewing coming and praying for me and also giving me a stuffed horse. I have always wondered why a horse?
- I remember the little boy in the next bed eating his dinner and then falling in his plate face first. I called out for help. Later I found out that he had died because he had a hole in his heart. I did not understand, as a child when an adult said he was with Jesus I just accepted that he was okay.
- I remember being alone, I do not know if it was because it was not a private room, or why, but my parents did not stay with me in the night, but I was so happy to see them in the morning.
- I remember the fuss that was made over me when I was leaving in 11 days.
You see my dad was strong on the Faith message and he did not trust the arm of the flesh, so he would not let them do much to me. He would not let them tap my spine. He would not let them drill a hole in my head. The lead Doctor told my dad your son will die. My dad said, well if God takes him that is alright, but I will not let you kill him. That made all the doctors but one very mad. He agreed to watch my vital signs which was all my dad would allow and every day my dad wanted to take me home. They agreed to let me leave on the eleventh day. If my dad would bring me back for an examination to clear me in six weeks. When we came back they had a lot of doctors there including the insurance doctors. They put me on a brain scan machine and did that three times and told my dad the machine must be broken because they could find no evidence of any damage to my brain. They examined my leg and wanted to know if I was the same boy. My parents asked why and they said the x-rays before and after showed no damage to my leg.
I was healed by the power of Jesus Christ as a child and I have never had any problems Yeah, after hearing this story my friends always say, now we know what is wrong with Terry, Haha. In the sixth grade, I competed in a track met in Joneboro, Georgia and was the 4th fastest boy in the county. By the way, I am bending my knee right now. Thank you Jesus for healing me.
People are shaped by their memories and experiences, so tonight I pray that God will bless you with good memories and great experiences.
Your turn below please share with me what you remember about something that happened to you when you were a child.